ENTERTAINMENT NEVER ENDS

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Judas update

With less than a week left for opening night, things are looking really good for "The Last Days of Judas Iscariot" in Lehigh University. Yesterday we had our final run of the whole play before entering into tech week tomorrow.

While most of the cast had a great run, there's this notion in my head that keeps telling me that yesterday was my worst performance ever. I was accidentally late to rehearsal and didn't warm up, and as a result, I skipped and forgot lines that I never had a problem with to begin with. The set is approximately 70% complete. I finally got my lair set with a rock, though it's the most uncomfortable piece of furniture I have ever sat in. I had to bring it to the attention of the stage manager because there is no humanly way possible a person can sit almost two hours straight in the same position in a hard, rough styrofoam boulder.

Tomorrow at noon we begin the dreadful tech week. It's the final stage of rehearsal where all the artistic designers join us and calibrate lights, sound effects etc. We're looking at a 9-hour rehearsal tomorrow. Most of it is going to include stopping for cues and transitions for the lighting designer. Then on Tuesday we're starting our first dress rehearsal with full costumes and make-up.

All signs indicate that it's going to be a great show. I'll blog one last update before the show opens. Don't forget to check it out Feb. 18-26.

No comments:

Post a Comment